Sunday 4 January 2015

I'm what I choose to become

Image source: Google

Dear mama,

I have always followed your instructions. You have told me to behave properly in front of others. You have told me to dress properly; though I can wear jeans, but I’m not allowed to wear sleeveless tops and dresses. You have taught me to never talk with a guy outside of the house, though I’m allowed to invite him into my home and talk with him in front of all. I’m grateful that you have also supported me for reading novels and blogging. Remember mama, I was crazy about hip-hop (a dance form) during my school days. But you didn’t approve of that instead you advised me to focus on classical dance.

 I have never put on any make up though I want to put some kajal and mascara because you told me to avoid that. You also didn’t let me get a tattoo on my arm. You said that it won’t look good on me. I never force you to buy me something because you taught me not to do it.

 I have always listened to your 'dos' and 'don’ts'. My friends often tell me that I’m a good girl, every mother wants her daughter to be like me. You are my first teacher. I’m not complaining because some things I really like to do and I also feel proud that you have taught me great things.

But I have some unfulfilled desires, which I want to complete. Sometimes I feel like I’m pretending to be a good girl. I want to be myself because I’m what I choose to become. And I know you will co-operate me. Thanks for your lovely scolding and great teaching.


Your loving daughter

This post is written for IndiSpire Edition 46.

Thanks for stopping by, I read each and every comment. Share your thoughts before leaving...

           

10 comments:

  1. Mothers play an important role in instilling confidence in daughters. Sometimes, when the world is against you, her support alone is enough to steer you ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely agree with you Vidya, That's why I love her the most....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED the title of your post !

    Keep up the good work !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Pratikshya, you have always been a source of inspiration for me....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful write-up Arpita..Keep posting...Happy new year to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you a homemaker's utopia..... :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...