Monday 12 January 2015

THE ETERNAL WAIT


Source: Google Image



22nd April

It’s been 48 days since you left me alone in our home. If it was not for that dreadful accident happened 48 days ago, we will be celebrating my birthday together. That accident leaded you to coma. My world fell apart after hearing that news.

Every day I pray to GOD for your health improvement. When will God hear my words? 

Waiting for you...
*****

3rd June

It’s been 90 days already. I really miss you. Hope is the only thing that keeps me here with you. Now also I’m staring at your motionless body.  My mama is staying with me at home. You know our prince has won first prize in essay writing. He also misses you and keep asking about you.

When will you wake up, dear? Aren’t you tired lying in there for so many days?

Waiting for you...
*****

14th July

Happy anniversary, dear. It’s our eighth anniversary. I have worn that blue saree, which you had given me on our previous anniversary. You’ve always complemented me on blue saree, so now wake up quickly and say some good words or at least say something to me.

 It’s been 130 days since I last heard your voice. Now doctors are also losing hope, but I won’t. Now please wake up. You are taking too much time. When will I hear your voice again?

Still waiting for you...
*****

19th August

It’s a special day for me. Today you gain your consciousness after 165 days. I was on cloud nine already. I saw you looking at me and a smile formed on my face. The doctor told me that your nervous system is, too weak and your legs are paralyzed. I know it will get well soon.

But something worried me when will we go back to our home?

Now waiting for the answer...

*****

11th September

Today you discharged from hospital. You entered our home after 187 long days in a wheel chair. You know all these while I was counting the days when you will return home. I contemplated silence and agony was my friend during your absence. In your absence I wasn’t feeling any ease at home. Now you are here with me and what do I need more? 

It felt good to be back home.


Source: Google Image

       This post is written for Indispire Edition 47. I'm a write tribe Pro Blogger. 

Thanks for stopping by; I read each and every comment. Share your thoughts before leaving...


      

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful story for the prompt, loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really touching, Appy.
    Nicely narrated. Wish there are no accidents. Hope he gets well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely happy ending. well written.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Shweta, Anita and Indrani...... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Touching, a warm tale of homecoming :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...